COOKIES AND INTERNET ADVERTISING POLICY
Last revised on 09/01/2021
Scope of this cookies and internet advertising policy
1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information and assist with service or advertising personalization.
Own Cookies are cookies that we are placed on your web browser by us when you visit our website.Third Party Cookies refers to cookies that are placed on your web browser by another party when you visit or use our website.
Essential Cookies are cookies that are indispensable for visiting the website in order to be able to benefit from full functionality. If the use of this type of cookies is switched off, some parts of the website will not function as intended.Functionality Cookies are cookies that allow the website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. These cookies are also used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting.Performance Analysis Cookies are cookies used to collect general information about the way in which visitors use the website. The information gathered through these cookies is used to make statistical analyses. These statistics offer us insight into how often our web pages are visited, on which pages visitors spend most time etc. This enables us to create the structure, navigation and content of our website in the most user-friendly way possible and allows for continuous improvement.Advertising Cookies are cookies that used to offer personalised and more relevant advertisements, to determine how many times a certain advertisement has already been shown, to calculate the effectiveness of a certain advertising campaign, to keep track of data from a previous visit and to share the data collected with the third parties involved, such as the advertisers. These cookies are used on website and placed on your device by third parties such as companies linked to us and our advertisers belonging to the advertising network of the website.Social Media Cookies are cookies that allow you to share the content of our website on social media and to enable other interaction with social media via our website.
3. How long are cookies stored on your device?
The period during which a Cookie is stored on the device you are browsing with depends on whether it is a Permanent Cookie or a Session Cookie. Session Cookies are only stored on a device until the web browser is closed. Permanent Cookies remain on the device after you have finished browsing until they expire or are deleted.
4. How can you disable Cookies placed on your device?
Usually it is possible to allow, disable or delete cookies via your web browser or device settings. If you wish to do so, follow the instructions provided by the web browser (usually in the "Help", "Tools" or "Edit" settings). You can also adjust the settings of the web browser in such a way that all cookies are refused or that it indicates when a cookie is being sent.
Please note that if you set your web browser or device settings to disable Cookies, You may not be able to access secure areas of the website/mobile application, other parts of the website/mobile application may also not work properly and its features may not function properly.
For more information on how to change your browser's Cookie settings, please visit www.allaboutCookies.org.
1. Scope of this policy
visitors and subscribers of the websites of ACE; natural persons contacting us through the contact or other forms available on the websites; subscribers to our newsletter(s); users signing in to use our services; users signing in to courses; users signing in to attend and/or watch webinars;users buying physical goods through our website
This policy includes a description of your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing activities we carry out.
2. Contacting us
If you have general questions about your account or how to contact Customer Service for assistance, please send us an email at [email protected]
Please note that if you contact us to assist you, for your safety and ours we may need to authenticate your identity before fulfilling your request.
3. Collection of Information
The purpose of the Website is to create an online community of professionals and individuals interested in canine education.
As part of our effort to create this online community, we receive and store information about you such as:
a) Personal Information
Content published on ACE is accessible by all visitors. However, certain ACE features and services, such as courses, may require registration. Upon registration, an account is created for the user (“Account”). Users who sign-up on-site are required to confirm their registration by clicking on an activation link which is sent to them via email. All active user accounts have the capability to enroll in courses.
Users are required to provide part or all of the following information below, depending on the features or services they wish to access:
First and last nameDate of birth Email addressPhysical addressPhone numberBilling and/or payment details
b) Other Information
Because we seek to create a vibrant eLearning community, there may be opportunities for you to provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of our Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "Contributions"). Such Contributions are posted on our Website or transmitted to us and others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
We automatically track and collect certain non-personal information such as Website navigation data, Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses, timestamps and URLs. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interest, and behavior to better understand, protect and serve you and our community.
If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on our Website, we may store such information on our servers.
To protect you against fraud, unauthorized transactions (such as money laundering), claims and other liabilities, we only collect an identification number and order details which enable us to match each user to the payments he makes. We do not collect credit card information.
4. Use of Information
We use your information to provide, analyse, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts, to process your registration, your orders and your payments and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use information to :
1. We use your Information in order to resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; help promote safe matching; collect fees owed; measure consumer interest in Services; inform you about offers, products, services, and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our TOS; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. We may compare and review your Business Information for errors, omissions and for accuracy.
2. We use your e-mail to send you system e-mails about the functionality of our Website that you cannot opt out from and you will have to receive if you want to use our Website.
3. We use your e-mail associated with your Account in order to send you newsletters and promotions in conjunction with your use of our Services. If you do not wish to receive newsletters you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscription link in the newsletter e-mail. We may also send you newsletters which include third party’s offers. If you do not wish to receive these third party offers, you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscription link in the newsletter e-mail.
4. We may use your Business Information in order to provide benchmark analysis and aggregate statistics. This particular Business Information will be anonymized, will not contain personal identification and will not be transferred or sold to third parties in any way or format that identifies you.
5. We use Website navigation data to operate and improve the Website. We may also use Website navigation data alone or in combination with your Business Information to provide aggregated information about elearning industry.
6. We collect the IP Addresses to track when you use our Website. We use IP Addresses to monitor the regions from which you navigate our Website and sign-up to use our Services. Your IP-address is also registered for statistical purposes and to better our advertising and layout of the Website. In specific, we use your IP Addresses for the following reasons:
a. Send the most appropriate advertising based on geographic area or information derived from your IP address. Many IP addresses are commonly associated with Internet service providers, universities, or major corporations in specific regions or localities. Aggregate information derived from IP addresses may also be reported to advertisers.
b. Estimate the total number of Internet users visiting our Website from specific countries or regions of the world.
c. Assist third party advertisers to track effectiveness of the promotions they run on our Website, visits to and business at third party's websites.
7. For users other than those only signing in to the courses or Webinar recording page of the Website, we do not share your full name, e-mail, phone number and job title with third parties for their marketing purposes as a matter of course. However, if we decide to share such information, you shall be notified and shall have the option to opt-out from providing us with your personal information above for this purpose.
Use of Information by other third parties
2. We make reasonable efforts to make sure that our users, who use our Services, will use the information available to them solely for eLearning-related purposes. However, we cannot control their use of that information outside this scope and we are not responsible for such unauthorized uses.
3. ACE reserves its right to share your Information with a third party in case of sale merger, control changes, reorganization or liquidation of the Company. All actions will naturally be completed in compliance with applicable laws of personal data and privacy.
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person (for example to prevent payment fraud or confirm your identity).
5. Protection of Information
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorised access, use and modification. These measures are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risks of processing your personal information. Indicatively :
1. All our employees, independent contractors and agents have executed non-disclosure agreements, which provide explicit confidentiality protections. Any employee, independent contractor or agent who violates such privacy and/or security policies is subject to possible termination and civil and/or criminal prosecution.
2. We do not make any of your Information available to third parties for their marketing purposes. ACE’s software runs on individual servers and no data given or collected is shared with other social media platforms.
If however, we share your Information with third parties, we will notify you. Please note that no transmission over the internet can guarantee confidentiality and non-disclosure, and as such, you transmit at your own risk.
3. We use robust security measures to protect data from unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and help ensure the appropriate use of data. When the Services are accessed using the internet, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology protects your Information, using both server authentication and data encryption. These technologies help ensure that your Information is safe, secure, and only available to you and to whom you have granted access.
4. We do not tolerate Spam. To report ACE-related spam, please contact us at [email protected] You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our TOS. We may check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content of the Website, but we will not permanently store messages sent through these tools.
5. ACE does its utmost to secure communications and data storage in order to protect confidentiality of your Information against loss and interception by third parties. However, it is important to know that there is no zero-risk against loss or interception by others of your Information. You are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of your Account’s username and password.
6. Storage of Information
We save your Information in our database in order to improve our Website’s and user experience and in accordance with our TOS. If you wish that your Information be permanently deleted from our database when you stop using our Services, please notify us.
7. Information and Rights
Once you have provided your Personal Data, you have several rights, which you can in principle exercise free of charge, subject to statutory exceptions. These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal Personal Data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. To exercise any of your rights, you can file a request.
1. Right to withdraw consent
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will be able to withdraw that consent at any time you choose and at your own initiative by logging into your account on our website (if you have one) or by contacting us. The withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of the collection and processing of your data based on your consent up until the moment where you withdraw your consent.
2. Right to access and rectify your data
You have the right to access, review, and rectify your Personal Data. You may be entitled to ask us for a copy of your information, to review or correct it if you wish to rectify any information like your name, email address, passwords and/or any other preferences, you can easily do so by logging into your account on our website (if you have one) or by contacting us.
3. Right to erasure
4. Right to restriction of processing
Under certain circumstances, you may ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data. This is for example the case when you contest the accuracy of your Personal Data. In such event, we will restrict the processing until we can verify the accuracy of your data.Should you wish to have your Personal Data restricted, please file a request.
5. Right to object to processing
Under certain circumstances you may object to the processing of your Personal Data, including where your Personal Data is processed for direct marketing purposes. If you no longer want to receive certain communications from us via email, simply click the unsubscription link in any of our emails.
6. Right to data portability
Where you have provided your data directly to us and where the processing is carried out by automated means and based on your consent or the performance of a contract between you and us, you have the right to receive the Personal Data processed about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and request portability of your Personal Data.
8. Other websites
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18.
In the event we learn that we have collected Personal Data from a child under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, steps will be taken promptly to remove that information. If you believe that we have or may have information from or about a child under 18 years of age, please contact us.
11. Data Retention
12. Applicable Law